Skip to main content

Making Changes

After taking time and manufacture into consideration I decided to change from a ring to a bag to cut out process so I have time to focus on other area's, such as the presentation and final images. I started looking into water buoy's and drew some primary research which inspired potential bag shape and size. It was from here I wanted to start looking into materials and how I could create something that has a chic aesthetic whilst keeping the products value. 

I wanted to start linking this to my theme of Taste, Value and Consumption. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Multi Use

I wanted to add another element to the bag so thinking about how I can do this was quite challenging. Some of the ideas I had that could make for a successful addiction are making it so it can roll up or adding pockets. I want to sample with both and see which one adds more functionality, I think by making it a belt as well will add this element to the bag. My next step for this project is to draw some sketches up and find a design that will represent my theme of function over aesthetic.   When the pocked it down and can be used:  The pocket rolled up so it can be used as a belt:  Bag harness is another way to make it multifunctional:

Save the Duck

Whilst looking into brands that have a specific ethos I came across this one called 'Save the Duck'. I personally like that they are cruelty free and vegan which is something I'd want to incorporate into my designs and practice as I live a vegan lifestyle. It's refreshing to know that there are brands out there that are creating contemporary garments that aren't made using animal and compromising the aesthetic or function of the jacket. Most of the jackets they sell are waterproof or have certain qualities that make them suitable for outdoor weather, the look of the garment is  still considered but it is obvious that the function and ensuring the garment is sustainable/recycled were possible is the main focus.  Here's the link to have a look at other styles and colours they do.  https://www.savetheduck.it/ce_en/men/fall-winter/focus-on/recycled.html

Final Images

Two final images: