Skip to main content

Dry Bag

Looking into more contemporary styles and designer takes on the dry bag. Usually this bag is all about function and not much time is put into the overall aesthetic as the practicality value outweighs the visual value. I like how the design has been more considered and makes the bag more aesthetically pleasing. Certain components such at material, buckle and handle all make this bag more than what you'd get from an ocean pack. 



Following this research I wanted to do some drawing to understand shape and size. I realised the shape of my pockets ( from fashion practice) match that of the dry bags and thought I could mesh the two projects together by combining my ideas for oversized pockets into this shape of a dry bag. I want to keep the cylinder shape but try different fastenings and finishing details to a see which works best. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Multi Use

I wanted to add another element to the bag so thinking about how I can do this was quite challenging. Some of the ideas I had that could make for a successful addiction are making it so it can roll up or adding pockets. I want to sample with both and see which one adds more functionality, I think by making it a belt as well will add this element to the bag. My next step for this project is to draw some sketches up and find a design that will represent my theme of function over aesthetic.   When the pocked it down and can be used:  The pocket rolled up so it can be used as a belt:  Bag harness is another way to make it multifunctional:

Save the Duck

Whilst looking into brands that have a specific ethos I came across this one called 'Save the Duck'. I personally like that they are cruelty free and vegan which is something I'd want to incorporate into my designs and practice as I live a vegan lifestyle. It's refreshing to know that there are brands out there that are creating contemporary garments that aren't made using animal and compromising the aesthetic or function of the jacket. Most of the jackets they sell are waterproof or have certain qualities that make them suitable for outdoor weather, the look of the garment is  still considered but it is obvious that the function and ensuring the garment is sustainable/recycled were possible is the main focus.  Here's the link to have a look at other styles and colours they do.  https://www.savetheduck.it/ce_en/men/fall-winter/focus-on/recycled.html

Final Images

Two final images: